CBS Signs Multi-Year Content Deal with Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
With more and more youth spending less time watching TV due to video games and other forms of entertainment this does seem to be the future of television to draw younger people in. Giving them what they want when they want it. The only obvious exceptions to this would be sports games and live news coverages of huge events.

It's interesting because at this rate TV may evolve into a almost purely on demand like service and all content will be posted on it's release day rather than a time slot of that day. We aren't quite ready for that switch yet and this could quite be devastating to advertising revenue but they are going to have to evolve to keep up with peoples expectations. The kids today's expectations will become the normal expectations of tomorrow.

jonjonjon

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
why spend money on hulu when you can get a dvr for the same price or cheaper. i dont get it pay for old tv shows. like netflix has 5 year old movies and old shows. no thanks

G

@ jonjonjon

Why spend money on cable or satellite when there is nothing on, but sports. I stream everything from the internet. Sports now can be streamed live from the internet. Most of the shows you probably watch are old enough to watch on hulu and netflix. Sorry but i bet i pay far less than you per month for internet and streaming services. Also remember a dvr can be filled up and you are renting it from the company. Most new shows release a day or 2 after it shows on cable right on their website. If you wanna spend over 120 a month for cable or satellite go for it!.

Status
Not open for further replies.