CCleaner altered my comp and is almost non-functional

Jul 15, 2018
Weeks ago I ran the program CCleaner. Since then, many of the programs/apps on my comp dont run...when I try to open them such as Google Chrome, I get the pop-up message "chrome.exe - Bad Image"

I also can no longer run my Task Manager. I can no longer download new programs onto my computer and I can't uninstall anything either. I've tried to run a "Reset" of Windows 10 and restore a clean version of Windows and that function no longer works either. I also can no longer download Windows 10 updates, Java updates, or drivers for my video card. I'm stuck and don't know what else to do and at this point I'd love to be able to somehow wipe the hard drive and start over but I don't know how and my computer won't let me. HELP please.

Solution
CCleaner has never affected my PC like that and I've been using the utility for 20 years, there's no history of CCleaner doing that either.

I think your PC has been hit with a virus infection more likely, installing CCleaner was just a coincidence.

Re-install Windows is the best plan, then install some reliable AV software.
CCleaner has never affected my PC like that and I've been using the utility for 20 years, there's no history of CCleaner doing that either.

I think your PC has been hit with a virus infection more likely, installing CCleaner was just a coincidence.

Re-install Windows is the best plan, then install some reliable AV software.

Solution
Would not expect such problems from CCleaner either.

Have also used it for quite some time without problems. Even when and if I experimented with the registry cleaning.

After the recommended Registry backup of course....

Agree: coincidence with a virus infection or a fake ccleaner app with a trojan.