CCTV Camera BNC connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian_31

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Can you run a CCTV camera directly to Samsung S6 using the BNC to mirco USB connection? If so is there an App that will allow you to directly view and record the footage on the phone's screen?

Solution
Are you referring to your own camera? Or cameras elsewhere? If you are referring to the latter, sorry, nope. Off hand I know of no legal way to do this. If you are referring to your own camera in your own home, maybe.

Now if it is a camera you already have in your home, have you checked with the manufacturer to see if they offer and app and/or software updates to do exactly what you are asking? Many companies are updating their security software, and adding apps, for just this purpose.

If it isn't a camera you already have, then a good option is to try using an IP camera. These you can connect to via cord or wifi, and even access the info when you aren't home. So I would really suggest that option first.

Are you referring to your own camera? Or cameras elsewhere? If you are referring to the latter, sorry, nope. Off hand I know of no legal way to do this. If you are referring to your own camera in your own home, maybe.

Now if it is a camera you already have in your home, have you checked with the manufacturer to see if they offer and app and/or software updates to do exactly what you are asking? Many companies are updating their security software, and adding apps, for just this purpose.

If it isn't a camera you already have, then a good option is to try using an IP camera. These you can connect to via cord or wifi, and even access the info when you aren't home. So I would really suggest that option first.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.