Cd's and dvd's wont run

Feb 7, 2018
Hie...my laptop wont recognize cd's and dvd's.And not only does it do that but the discs wont even run in the disc compartment.it happened before like for 5 months and then miraculously started working for 3 months but now it happened again.Its a lenovo windows 10

Solution
Go to control panel --> device manager --> DVD/CD-ROM drives --> Right click the appropriate device (probably only one to choose from) and click uninstall. Then right click on the top entry of device manager (what your PC calls itself) and click "Scan for hardware changes". That should fix it (assuming it's the same thing that happened to me); you may or may not need to restart afterward.
Jan 22, 2018
Go to control panel --> device manager --> DVD/CD-ROM drives --> Right click the appropriate device (probably only one to choose from) and click uninstall. Then right click on the top entry of device manager (what your PC calls itself) and click "Scan for hardware changes". That should fix it (assuming it's the same thing that happened to me); you may or may not need to restart afterward.

Solution