Cell Phone Case Reduces Radiation by 60%

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]benji72[/nom]Alright. This is ridiculous. First off, I am a physicist and I cannot believe that this is still being discussed/believed. Cell phones cannot cause cancer. Period. The frequency of the electromagnetic waves (which determines its energy) is not great enough to break the chemical bonds in DNA in any way shape or form. That professor in the article is just saying the bull because he will be getting a cut from every accessory sold. Don't waste your money on this. Please.[/citation]

+1 good sir.

It's non-Ionizing radiation, at worst it'll warm you up a little bit as microwaves can excite polar molecules and since the brain has a ton of blood flowing through it, any minor gains in thermal energy are quickly displaced. Also, cell phones have been around since '79 and we've yet to see any statistical proof of increased cancer:

http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/98/23/1707

tarheels_100

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2007
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]Dipole are extremely hazardous to health and I am sure it's only a question of time before we see the effects.[/citation]
You better watch out for dihydrogen oxide. It's a dipole and it's over 50% of your body mass.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]tarheels_100[/nom]You better watch out for dihydrogen oxide. It's a dipole and it's over 50% of your body mass.[/citation]
It's also been found in every malignant tumor.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I don't know how this would work. The face is completly opened. So when it's in your pocket, facing one way it protects you up to 60%, but if you turn it around, you don't get the protection. Same as when you're talking on it, you're not protected... hmm

G

The article on cell phone radiation is very information. The newer smartphones that talk to the web
all the time are actually HIGH in cell phone EMF radation. All the tests we did on blockers, since we
have two very young childern and they are most vulnerable, showed that the Waveshield blocker
did the best overall and for our IPHONES. Here is a link to their site http://bit.ly/RadiationBlocker

denist44

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
The cell phone cases here sound really amazing.Peaple don't need to worry about the radiation any more when using a cell phone.However,sometimes peaple are disturbed by the spam calls,in this case,a cell phone jammer is also needed by people.

Status
Not open for further replies.