Censored: No Boobies On Indonesian BlackBerrys

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
What many commenters failed to realize is that BlackBerry conducts censorship in "developed" nations in the West as well, although they may not be publicized and/or as large scale as a nationwide censorship.

Let's face it, every country has them. Calling Indonesia backward is akin to ignoring an entire religion and culture that is different from your own.

G

I dont understand how they are going to censor it. Some image recognition software or something. If thats the case too much computing power will be needed for that. Cant imagine any other ways to censor Boobes. Probably almoust imposible to do.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]klkjlkjikop[/nom]I dont understand how they are going to censor it. Some image recognition software or something. If thats the case too much computing power will be needed for that. Cant imagine any other ways to censor Boobes. Probably almoust imposible to do.[/citation]

They aren't going to censor the images, they're going to censor websites displaying adult content. It's not that hard to implement a list of banned web domains...

Cyex

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]in these third world countries, freedom of speech is not a given thing[/citation]
The fact that you think free speech is a given anywhere else in the world is laughable. USA, UK, or Australia? Free-speech is a fallacy the world over.

Geef

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
I do feel bad for saying backwards third world countries aren't bright enough...
Some of the people there know their stuff, and sometimes several languages!

Otherwise who the heck is gonna answer our tech support calls! :p

G

There is people there selling their children into prostitution but they cannot look at a set of tits on their phones

Status
Not open for further replies.