Center Speaker for 5.1 Surround Sound Issues

MajorSev

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015
Hello, I recently purchased the Theatre Solutions TS514 5.1 surround sound system from Amazon. I played around with it and switched it from the factory equipped 2.1 option over to 5.1, hooked up my speakers with relative ease. However, only the front left/right and rear left/right work. When I plug the centre speaker in, it emits a horrible buzzing noise as well as playing the music, though it is distorted and sounds as though it's coming in from an incorrectly tuned radio station. I was wondering if there was any solutions to this, as well as the mild buzzing that I receive from the other speakers as well? (I also have it standing alone, in the process of getting it to co-operate, away from any other electronic devices, and according to both the manual and youtube videos it doesn't matter which speaker goes where) Thanks in advance.

Connect one of the other speakers and its cable to the center channel output.
If it works OK then the problem is the speaker or cable you connected originally.
If the same problem occurs then the center channel amp is bad.
The constant buzzing noise may be a ground loop. If the power cord of the HTS is three prong then try using a 3-2 prong ac adapter to break the ac ground connection. You don't mention what you have it connected to but if there is connection in the setup from a cable box then try removing the input to the cable box. A ground loop isolator can help with that.