Change cpu

Mar 1, 2019
Hi, my name is kartik. I have a Toshiba p850 satellite laptop. Is it possible to upgrade it's cpu and GPU? I'm still new to this...

benz.media

Great
Sep 25, 2018
Hello Kartik!

The Toshiba P850 has an upgradable CPU, with a FS1 Socket. The GPU is intergrated (soldered) and is not upgradable.
Could I have your model number so I can look up for you what CPU's are supported?

- Benz Media

Mar 1, 2019
Hello Kartik.

I've found the upgrades with your model number. Here is a view from inside your laptop.
https://prnt.sc/mrrf75

Red is the RAM. This can be upgraded to maximum 16GB.

Yellow is the CPU. This can be upgraded to a list here:
https://prnt.sc/mrrgch

Blue is the GPU. This can be upgraded, but it would require professional desoldering and soldering and I do not suggest trying it yourself.
https://prnt.sc/mrrhj4
Thank you, and I have another question is possible for me if I wanna upgrade the fan and graphic card because mine runs on Nvidia 630m and I'm not able to play Witcher 3 without it burning my thighs

benz.media

Great
Sep 25, 2018
The best thing you can upgrade to is the 640M, but i doubt it would make a difference. A fan upgrade won't make a difference. You can clean out the fan if it is dusty. I would suggest buying a docking stand with an intergrated fan/cooler, and placing it on a desk.

Mar 1, 2019
The best thing you can upgrade to is the 640M, but i doubt it would make a difference. A fan upgrade won't make a difference. You can clean out the fan if it is dusty. I would suggest buying a docking stand with an intergrated fan/cooler, and placing it on a desk.
Is it possible to force it run high end graphic card or should I get a gaming box???

benz.media

Great
Sep 25, 2018
The 630M misses the requirements of Witcher 3, so it is not ideal for gaming. I would recommend looking for MSI laptops. I have owned the MSI GE70 2PE Apache Pro, with a GTX 860M. It is suitable for Witcher 3. Here are the minimum requirements for Witcher 3:

OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1). DirectX 11 is necessary to run the game.
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940.
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 or AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870.
RAM: 6GB
Disk space: 40 GB

I would recommend buying something with those specifications or higher, if you can.

Mar 1, 2019
The 630M misses the requirements of Witcher 3, so it is not ideal for gaming. I would recommend looking for MSI laptops. I have owned the MSI GE70 2PE Apache Pro, with a GTX 860M. It is suitable for Witcher 3. Here are the minimum requirements for Witcher 3:

OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1). DirectX 11 is necessary to run the game.
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940.
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 or AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870.
RAM: 6GB
Disk space: 40 GB

I would recommend buying something with those specifications or higher, if you can.
Thank you for helping me

TRENDING THREADS