change my fx 7500 to fx 7600

Solution

In theory it should be possible to replace an FX7500 with an FX7600 because the socket is the same, FP3, as you correctly pointed out.

But as you can probably tell from the YouTube video, it takes a lot of specialized equipment and even more technical skills to embark on such a project. This is where desktop aficionados will lecture you on the merits of a desktop over a laptop - in a desktop, this procedure is almost ridiculously easy.

In a laptop, it's not something I would ever suggest anyone "try at home".

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Greetings, poet:

No. You can't upgrade or replace the processor in a laptop (except in very specialized, high-end brands like Eurocom).

If you want an AMD FX7600P APU you have to find a laptop that factory-ships with this processor package, and I haven't been able to find any. There are lots of reviews and articles about the FX7600P (most of which date back to late 2014), and it seems sales couldn't match the very high expectations for this APU.

In terms of performance, the FX7600P was tested to match Intel's dual-core Haswell i3 by this German site:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Kaveri-FX-7600P-Notebook-Processor.117329.0.html

This should give you an idea of what to search for if you want a new laptop. There are lots of i3 laptops available today, but I haven't been able to find any FX7600P laptop for sale.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

In theory it should be possible to replace an FX7500 with an FX7600 because the socket is the same, FP3, as you correctly pointed out.

But as you can probably tell from the YouTube video, it takes a lot of specialized equipment and even more technical skills to embark on such a project. This is where desktop aficionados will lecture you on the merits of a desktop over a laptop - in a desktop, this procedure is almost ridiculously easy.

In a laptop, it's not something I would ever suggest anyone "try at home".

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Solution