change speaker position

siraplimau24

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017
i have home theater sony bdv e4100. can i change the front speaker to rear because the rear is small speaker ..the front speaker is tall boy

Solution

Those statements don't change my basic position. Your sound experience will be negatively impacted because when sound engineers mix multi-channel audio more of the sound is sent to the left, center and right speaker channels than is sent to the surround channel. Sony, spent time and money optimizing the speakers they sold for each of the channels.

You can move the speakers around and try it. You won't hurt anything. But my guess is you will put it back.

siraplimau24

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017
kanewolf..fyi the front and rear have same rated impedance 3 ohms, 1khz ..from manual book
1)power output(rated) front L/front R :75W +75W (at 3ohms,1khz,1% THD)

2)power output(reference): front L/ front R/ surround L/ surround R: 125W(perchannel at 3ohm,1khz)

kanewolf

Judicious

Those statements don't change my basic position. Your sound experience will be negatively impacted because when sound engineers mix multi-channel audio more of the sound is sent to the left, center and right speaker channels than is sent to the surround channel. Sony, spent time and money optimizing the speakers they sold for each of the channels.

You can move the speakers around and try it. You won't hurt anything. But my guess is you will put it back.

Solution