Change WMP Default Sync Folder (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpcustom

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
For the last week I have been trying to figure out how to make WMP Sync to a MicroSD card. The kicker is I need it to place all files into a folder called {my_music} and not just have it create a folder called Music instead. I had been doing this with WinAMP but I have become so fed up with having to go back and forth between applications. The reason for this all is that my phone, Samsung U740, requires all music to be in {my_music} in order to see them. However WMP likes to put all synced files in its own folder called {Music}. Is there any way to get WMP to sync to a specific folder? Or at least create an exception for this device in WMP. Just for reference I am running Vista Ultimate 32 and using WMP 11.

Basic Atheist

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
This might help:

Write your own batch script in notepad like this...

@echo off
echo.
echo Renaming sync folder for WMP
if exist My_Music ren My_Music Music
if not exist Music md Music
echo Rename Complete
echo.
echo Starting windows media player
start /wait wmplayer.exe
echo Windows media player has closed...
echo.
echo Renaming sync folder for device
if exist Music ren Music My_Music
if not exist My_Music md My_Music
echo Rename Complete
echo.
pause

... and save it on the phone/device as "Syncbot.bat" in the root directory so it can find the "My_Music" folder quickly. You can make a shortcut for it on your desktop so you won't have to manually run it from the mass storage drive on the phone all the time. It's nothing fancy, just a quick solution to make things a little easier. Unfortunately, you can't use the WMP "auto-sync when device is connected" feature, but who cares? This is better than nothing.

Nobody ever came up with a real solution, so I made this to use with WMP 10 and my LG Rhythm. Works like a charm everytime for me.

All it does is rename the "My_Music" folder to "Music", then it starts WMP for you. After you're finished with your sync-up, close WMP. Then it will wait for WMP to shutdown and rename "Music" back to "My_Music" so the phone can find the tracks.

Happy Jamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.