Changed my modem to BELL fibe and now my ott box won't connect to wifi. HELP!

Miss_michie

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
I bought an ott box mxq last year and it's worked great the entire time not one problem. At the time we only had wireless internet. We upgraded to BELL fibe and now my ott box won't connect to the wifi! All other devices in the home connect no problem it's just the box. I choose the user and put in the password and it just says "connecting" forever but never actually does. I've reset the modem and the box with no luck. Also took it back to where I bought it and he was able to connect it to his wifi no problem. Please help! I am not techy so need things explained simply but please I don't want to be stuck watching basic crappy cable for this two year contract :(

Solution
If you've got a note of the access details for that network, I suggest Forget is a good option, then setting it up again. The Channel details will be in the router's setting which you access through your browser.

Press the Windows key and R together and in the Run box, type
cmd /k ipconfig /all
then hit the Enter key, and you bring up a command form

The Default Gateway address is the one you put in your browser as you would a website address. I hope the log in details are pprinted on the router.

The receiving channel will be in the wi-fi deviice settings in Control Panel>Device Manager under the device's Properties?>Advanced tab.
If it works in one place and not another, it may be the channel settings. Are you able to go into the settings for the box to see if it can roam to find the channel the router's broadcasting from? Try that or set the channel to the one the router is using. That way it doesn't have to roam at all.

Miss_michie

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
Thank you so much for replying! I went into wifi settings and when I find my username for wifi it gives me the options to connect, forget and cancel. When I try to connect it doesn't do anything. I thought I would try to go into the other wifi networks and press forget but when I go into those it's a view only option.

If you've got a note of the access details for that network, I suggest Forget is a good option, then setting it up again. The Channel details will be in the router's setting which you access through your browser.

Press the Windows key and R together and in the Run box, type
cmd /k ipconfig /all
then hit the Enter key, and you bring up a command form

The Default Gateway address is the one you put in your browser as you would a website address. I hope the log in details are pprinted on the router.

The receiving channel will be in the wi-fi deviice settings in Control Panel>Device Manager under the device's Properties?>Advanced tab.

Solution