Changing default write disk

Feb 22, 2018
I am using my 16 GB SD card as default write disk as storage.Now I wish to change it to my internal phone storage. My phone is TCL 462 with Android marshmallow.Kindly guide me as how can I do it ?

Solution
You just do the reverse from what you did to make the external card be the default. Just make sure you move all your files and apps back to the phone first. If you don't they will be inaccessible.

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now you want to set it to be "External" again, and then choose “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card should now be "External" storage again.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.
You just do the reverse from what you did to make the external card be the default. Just make sure you move all your files and apps back to the phone first. If you don't they will be inaccessible.

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now you want to set it to be "External" again, and then choose “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card should now be "External" storage again.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution