changing pre-installed OS language

revzephyr

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
(most) Laptops comes with a pre-installed OS in a specific language. I know you can change the language through "Regional Language Services".

What is the difference between laptop (Win10 home) with
1. pre-installed English OS, changed into Taiwanese through "Regional Language Services"
and
2. pre-installed Taiwanese OS

My understanding of the way to change OS language is as follows:
- The service is FREE.
- Access the Control Panel, and then download the desired language pack via the Windows Update 'Options'. Go back to the Control Panel and select from the available Regional Language Services.

Thank you.

1. pre-installed English OS, changed into Taiwanese through "Regional Language Services"
and

I don't believe there is any, other than the fact Taiwanese would be installed alongside English. In a new Taiwanese only install, English wouldn't be present.

Yes, the language service is free.

and

I don't believe there is any, other than the fact Taiwanese would be installed alongside English. In a new Taiwanese only install, English wouldn't be present.

Yes, the language service is free.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Adhary Laptop Tech Support 0
MetaAzulf Laptop Tech Support 4
Ravshan Laptop Tech Support 2
skoochie Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 1
Uditbh Laptop Tech Support 0
dclxvi13 Laptop Tech Support 2