Question Charger or battery ??

Oct 27, 2020
My acer laptop power and charge lights flashing .... I have battery charge 50 percent now, it is working fine...but when I keep charge it charges for some time less than 5mins later again flashing and stops charging the battery

I removed battery and only AC sourced I connected laptop working

I am unable to find charger or battery which is problem?

Without charger battery working, without battery charger working....when both together flashing and not charging...please tell me what to replace ?

Sep 6, 2020
Chances are extremely good the computer is telling you the battery will not take a charge. The batterys always fail eventually, and the charger circuits in the computer rarely fail.
Get a battery and you'll be fine. You can save a lot buying from a high rated seller off E-Bay. I've had good luck with several batterys purchased off E-bay. Again, check the sellers ratings and longevity.
(I'm assuming what you meant in your question is the laptop runs off the power supply OK, no battery, you weren't to clear on that. If so, above is right)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020
Chances are extremely good the computer is telling you the battery will not take a charge. The batterys always fail eventually, and the charger circuits in the computer rarely fail.
Get a battery and you'll be fine. You can save a lot buying from a high rated seller off E-Bay. I've had good luck with several batterys purchased off E-bay. Again, check the sellers ratings and longevity.
(I'm assuming what you meant in your question is the laptop runs off the power supply OK, no battery, you weren't to clear on that. If so, above is right)

Battery

Sep 6, 2020
My acer laptop power and charge lights flashing .... I have battery charge 50 percent now, it is working fine...but when I keep charge it charges for some time less than 5mins later again flashing and stops charging the battery
That is clear as mud. You need to write out your questions so they are understandable. Try some punctuation.

Battery working fine, no issue of backup, no sudden shutdown, battery working fine .... I want to order new charger
No issue of back-up? So you have a system back -up on disks? You Really NEED TO BE CLEARER!

You want a power supply, buy one. I have no idea what you are trying to say.
It is a Power Supply by the way, not just a charger. The computer can run off the Power Supply with no battery in it.

If it CAN"T run off the power supply without the battery, it could be either the Mother board Current and Voltage
regulators aren't working, OR..... a bad Power Supply external adapter. (The wall to computer AC to DC converter)

If a new Power Supply doesn't fix it, throw it out correctly, the repair would be way over your head, and I'm guessing it would be cheaper to buy a used laptop, than take it to a shop for repair.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anil390
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1
superpeas Laptop Tech Support 2
lin1614 Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 0
CptBaas Laptop Tech Support 0
Adnansattar Laptop Tech Support 6
AG95 Laptop Tech Support 5
maybeits_jack Laptop Tech Support 2