Question charging issue w/ Galaxy A20

Status
Not open for further replies.

69Rixter

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2015
About 2 weeks ago, Galaxy A20 stopped "fast charging". Did a reset and it worked...for about 2 days. Did another reset, but will not "fast charge" and it takes approx. 10 hrs. to charge completely from 1%. Anything I can do to fix this before I have to take it to the shop?

69Rixter

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2015
RE: COLGeek

I have; didn't make a difference. I came across an article that had to do with "flashing" the firmware, but haven't done that....yet, ' cause I'm not exactly sure it's what needs to be done? Thanks for replying!!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
RE: COLGeek

I have; didn't make a difference. I came across an article that had to do with "flashing" the firmware, but haven't done that....yet, ' cause I'm not exactly sure it's what needs to be done? Thanks for replying!!
This is a matter of updating the Android software, if one is available for your phone. Is this phone covered by a warranty/service plan? If so, you should contact your wireless provider for assistance.

Here is an example of the Android update process:

sadiqrehan

Great
Jul 29, 2020
Hey, the same problem happens with me in Samsung A50. But fortunately, it was under warranty, So I went to the Samsung service center. They have replaced the charging jack of my mobile and the issue was completely resolved.

69Rixter

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2015
RE: sadiqrehan

Thanks for responding. Yea, that's the same advice I've gotten from quite a few folks. I was hoping there was something I could do to remedy the problem before I took it to the shop. The reason I don't want to take it in is that they told me it would be 3-5 days for repairs. To replace the charging jack took about 9 mins on youtube.

69Rixter

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2015
MMohammed

I've received several announcements from this site that you "have started a conversation" with me. Yet, I come here and cannot find that "conversation". IF you follow this thread and still wish to engage me in conversation, please do so at this thread.

bignastyid

Splendid
MMohammed

I've received several announcements from this site that you "have started a conversation" with me. Yet, I come here and cannot find that "conversation". IF you follow this thread and still wish to engage me in conversation, please do so at this thread.
The conversation is in your PMs(envelope icon in the top right corner of the site, between your username and the bell/alert icon).

69Rixter

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2015
Thanx bignastyid . Now, how do I rid myself of these "conversations" for they are nothing relevant to me? The 'conversations" are "This Week In the Forums" news letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.