Solved! Cheap 4k streaming laptop

Jan 28, 2019
I'm looking to buy a laptop that will stream 4k movies to my 4k television via a HDMI connection. I won't be playing any games on the laptop, and would like to spend less than $650 on it. Is this possible? Any suggestions are helpful, thanks!

Solution
That is not really streaming, that is just a 4K external monitor connection. You should be able to find a system that can connect to a 4k screen for your budget, maybe even less. Really any current spec laptop in the $500 range will be able to output to a 4k screen. Issue is to find out the exact spec because older HDMI specs will limit 4k at 30 frames, newer can do 60. But there is no single listing of which laptop has what so basically you need to find a laptop you like, then check the specs on it.
That is not really streaming, that is just a 4K external monitor connection. You should be able to find a system that can connect to a 4k screen for your budget, maybe even less. Really any current spec laptop in the $500 range will be able to output to a 4k screen. Issue is to find out the exact spec because older HDMI specs will limit 4k at 30 frames, newer can do 60. But there is no single listing of which laptop has what so basically you need to find a laptop you like, then check the specs on it.

Solution