Cheap/Decent Laptop $300?

Kevin McCutcheon

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
I currently have a Win7 Laptop that I only use for web browsing and car diagnostic's (low end stuff)

But the laptop is around 7 years old and is struggling with simple tasks. It ran fine with XP but I upgraded to Win7 and sluggish.

Is there any laptops that are around $300 that are decent? Win 7 or windows 8.

If possible a low end GPU installed with it for WoW. Low settings.

zeph_yr

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
You aren't going to get a decent laptop running windows for under $300. If you find a new one that is less than $300, it won't be any better than what you have now. What program do you use for car diagnostics? There may be an equivalent on Chrome OS.

Kevin McCutcheon

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Its called FlashProManager it is more of a tuning/diagnostic OBDII thing. Very low req. I found one at best buy that was $249, it was running well with a touch screen. Just figured I would ask before spending the cash on it.

I don't see WoW running on that laptop at past low settings at playable rates. If you really only have a $300 budget and want something that will play WoW or games in that range, you need to look at a used laptop.

Since WoW came out, it had a lot of video updates and requires a much faster system to run. The new expansion pack coming out will be even harder on systems as they are upgrading the character models.

For a laptop to have a touchscreen at that price point, or ANY laptop at the price, you are looking at something that is really compromised for cost, small screen is one thing here, a low power CPU is another.