Cheap Optial Audio SS Headset

Shanksya

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
I have a budget of $70. Is there anyway I can get a surround sound gaming headset that would work well & efficiently with my new Asus Xonar sound card? (Preferably Wired)

Thank you

Would the sound card do the same thing as a DSS2? Would it make a stereo headset surround sound?

Solution

Those look good, the prices I was thinking of were actually 7.1 headsets like the Razer Tiamet, although real multi-driver 5.1 headsets can be pricy as well.
The only surround sound headsets in the price are virtual ones. The ones with actual multiple drivers are more expensive. I'd just get regular headsets, any decent pair will do well with the simulated surround sound from the games and sound card.

I like the Plantronics Gamecom 377, cheap and sound good with large and soft ear cups.

Shanksya

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

I have found the ROCCAT KAVE 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00275C2L6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Those look good, the prices I was thinking of were actually 7.1 headsets like the Razer Tiamet, although real multi-driver 5.1 headsets can be pricy as well.

Solution