Cheap quick multi room audio?

Gershy

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have multiple speakers in my house, and want to link them all to WiFi, so i can stream music from my phone to them, but i want them to all be linked together.. so i can stream to all at once, or just a few. And control the volume of each from an app on my phone.
It cant be too expensive, because i need about 5 of them :)
so im thinking maybe about £20 each? or less preferably.
What can do this? Im looking at Pure Jongo A2, but its a bit expensive...

Thanks
Gershy13

For how you want things to work, it will not be cheap. Multi-room setups with control the way you want is not cheap or quick. You're looking at hundreds of dollars to set something like this up.

People with houses that are setup with a multi speaker setup with a control for each speaker usually spend a few thousand on installation and programing.

Sonos has a good multi speaker setup.

Gershy

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014

WOW! so no cheap way?

Not with how you want to do it. Cheapest way is to wire them up to a multi-room amp and control the speakers from there. Once you add in wireless speakers with remote sound control for each one, that is no longer cheap. Just do a web search for multi room speaker setups and see what you get.

Gershy

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014

yh ok thats long.. what about Pure Jongo?

The Pure Jongo is a way to add wireless connectivity to an existing system but since it doesn't have an amplifier in it you can't hook speakers directly to it.
Cheapest way to do this is to buy a new or used stereo receiver
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-200w-2-0-ch-stereo-receiver-black/4156007.p?id=1219096745208&skuId=4156007
, an impedance matching speaker selector
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=8229&catargetid=320013720000066114&cadevice=c&kpid=108229&gclid=CLr2hIrEsMYCFdgPgQodAAMAjw
and 1 Jongo as your source. Won't give you the same control over the system as much more expensive solutions but it will give you music.

Gershy

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014

I dont need an amp. They are all powered somehow.. all i need is a jack or RCA out.

Gershy

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014

That's what I want just cheaper...

That's like saying I want a hand made British car with all leather interior, "Bently or Rolls makes those". "Yea but I want it cheaper". If you want something and there are devices that can do that, those are the ones you need to get. There is no cheap solution for you.

Gershy

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014

Im sure there must be some cheaper alternatives?