Cheaper Macbook alternatives

kezbob2k7

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Hi there,

I'm new to the laptop buying world and I was just wondering what I should buy really.

I currently have a Windows 7 desktop I use all the time but I'd like something that I can use around the house mainly instead of being stuck in one place

I was looking into buying the new Macbook Pro with Retina Display (Intel Dual Core i5 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB HDD, Iris Graphics, Mac OS X) and getting a NAS drive for extra storage

This will be used as a general computer really... surfing the web, music, video/multimedia, maybe the odd game (nothing extreme though, I'd use my desktop for this)

I'd just like some idea of what's a good alternative to the Macbook though that would be cheaper as I know there are Windows laptops out there with similar specs for a cheaper price

I know a cheap laptop would do all the things I need it to, however I would like something that does look good and has a quality feel to it, hence the reason the Macbook was top of the list

Hope you can help, thanks

_Vass

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
samsung/asus/lenovo ultrabook but these are all failry expensive(little cheaper than macbooks). they all have a premium feel and look though.
have a look at the ASUS N series, the lenovo S and L series and the Samsung ultrabooks