cheapest laptop with certain specs.

kirilmatthew

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Hey guys! I'm going to university this coming year part-time while I am still at high school. Both university and high school will be part-time, so I will have time between classes where I need to get stuff done. I currently own a desktop and a quite old windows tablet, which is not really suitable for typing, which will be important for me. I don't need power, I've got my desktop for that, but I am not content with trash performance either. The problem is that I consider this a necessary evil. I don't want one, but I don't see a way out. I want to spend as little as possible on this. I want at least an AMD A4 or Intel Pentium for the laptop. I won't do with anything less really, the "E" series and celeron won't do. If anyone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it. I live in Canada as well, so please only like Canadian sites. Thanks in advance!

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
Those specs take you all the way down into the sub $300 range. Sounds like you are looking for any Windows capable laptop. If your tablet is still somewhat capable why not get a wireless USB or bluetooth keyboard?

(speaking of keyboard my work laptop could sure use a new one.. so many typos...)(sonnofa, another one...)

kirilmatthew

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

I am, except for my CPU requirement! My tablet is an exopc with a single core Atom CPU, a screen whose brightness is messed up on battery and that is impossible to prop up on a table or something like that. I would love to keep using it, but the fact it doesn't stand up on a table is really annoying as well. Thanks for the replay btw! And I'd appreciate any links to laptops if you have them :)

kirilmatthew

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

I know, Atoms not bad, but I'd prefer to stay away. I'd also prefer AMD A4. Do you know if there's anything under $300? Thanks for the links, I'll see if other stuff comes up too, I was looking under $300 if possible!

kirilmatthew

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

Thanks, it looks great. I don't mind the kabini quad core either! Only problem is, is that it is only available in the US. I am in Canada and I need one through a Canadian site. Is there anything similar in Canada?