China Bans the Beating of Internet Addicts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Is is NOW illegal to beat an internet addict in china? I can't believe it was legal to do se before.. I mean, this can't be true? The way this article is formulated points toward this conclusion but I REALLY can't believe it :|

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]MoUsE-WiZ[/nom]Because banning the beating of people in general would have been too general...[/citation]

I have some kind of a distorted view of China now.... *cuts to daydream sequence*

Me: *beating person at a computer with a club*
Officer: Stop! I hope you know that we've made beating computer addicts illegal.
Me: I'm beating him for another reason.
Officer: Ok, carry on. *walks away*

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
beating ANY addict is barbaric; addiction is a disease. Imagine beating a diabetic for his elevated blood sugar...
This reminds me of the dark ages in which the mentally ill were tortured, often for years at a time, in "specialized" institutions to get the "demons" out...

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]the Chinese government has outlined what not to do with internet addicted youths – and that's physically beating them.[/citation]That's so progressive of you, China.

dieseldre2k

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
[citation][nom]jerther[/nom]Is is NOW illegal to beat an internet addict in china? I can't believe it was legal to do se before.. I mean, this can't be true? The way this article is formulated points toward this conclusion but I REALLY can't believe it :|[/citation]

Are you really THAT ignorant? I am going to guess that you are either really young or you take the freedoms that some countries provide for granted. Either way, please read/see some world-wide news some time and educate yourself.

bk420

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
LOL, well dang...if it keeps the people/kids off the streets & away from gangs and what not, internet addicts are a god send.

I'm not sure what's going on in China, but the death of some poor child over using the internet is LUDACRIS! Damn the people that beat him up.

hennnry

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
So when young American who just got out of colledge join the army, they don't get a good beating or two?

Addiction camp operates the same way as the millitary camp. I guess most of you poeple don't truely understand this...

Think about it, when you go to doctor for an operation, the doctor stick a knife in you, which may kill you (plenty of people do die during operation), what makes it legal? Well, your concent makes it legal.

Addiction treatment is the same. Although not legal anymore in US, shock treatment (which caused death before) was widely legal for mentally crazy poeple before. Ever thought why?

So to answer stupid questions such as, is it legal to beat poeple on the street in China... well, at least Beijing is safer than New York.

G

Only in China...... Now how are the officials supposed to have all their fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.