China Becomes World's Largest Android Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

john15v16

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Agreed, not surprising at all...This article seems more in line with reality...

On another note do any of you remember a news article Zak posted right after thanksgiving this year entitled: "iPad accounts for 71% of china's tablet market"? He made is seem like the rich Chinese were buying apple products in droves. We called BS on it though. Here the tomshardware article:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/iPad-China-Tablet-Market-Lenovo,19391.html

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
China is next in line for being a very big super power. Just like everything in this universe, things come and go.

G

Haha the picture shows a little Android guy eating a bunch of money, which is appropriate because despite the fact that Android is the biggest player in the smartphone market, Google STILL can't figure out how to make money on it. It's like, instead of the money getting to Google it's being eaten by a lumbering, uncaring, unfeeling robot, which is a nice description of Android users generally.

G

a chinese here. oops. just bought another andriod system an hour ago. the andriod os is free so most of the money I spent for the system would goes for better hardware. crazy extremely over price iphone cost me a kidney to buy one with nothing new since 2007.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
[citation][nom]john15v16[/nom]Agreed, not surprising at all...This article seems more in line with reality...On another note do any of you remember a news article Zak posted right after thanksgiving this year entitled: "iPad accounts for 71% of china's tablet market"? He made is seem like the rich Chinese were buying apple products in droves. We called BS on it though. Here the tomshardware article:http://www.tomshardware.com/news/i [...] 19391.html[/citation]
wow 71% to < 10% in a month, hmmmm

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Xperia bad phone badbad bad[/nom]Haha the picture shows a little Android guy eating a bunch of money, which is appropriate because despite the fact that Android is the biggest player in the smartphone market, Google STILL can't figure out how to make money on it. It's like, instead of the money getting to Google it's being eaten by a lumbering, uncaring, unfeeling robot, which is a nice description of Android users generally.[/citation]
Wow. That must be the most retarded thing I read on TH in a while. I feel dumber just for reading it.
Congrats. Let's see how you're going to dig yourself out of this hole.

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
[citation][nom]kensingtron[/nom]Zak. You have won the hearts of your readers, this time...[/citation]

You said like readers of Tom's are fagdroids. Nice try.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"5 percent share of the Chinese smartphone market"

Apple is used to the 5% numbers...
Like when they missed to boat on the PC market when the C-64s and Apple IIs came to an end.

A few more years and Apple will be back where they belong. A high end 2bit player catering to a 5% minority with more money than IT savvy. Then watch how quickly that fat bank account will get drained.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]wow 71% to < 10% in a month, hmmmm[/citation]
read titles of articles again. tablets =/= smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.