China-Made Handheld Barcode Scanners Ship with Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Hacking the US is an act of war. If the US government finds out where the server is located we should drop a nice little bomb on the building that holds the fooking server.

*Message sent*

Hopefully our next leader has a pair and stands up against china and russia a little better.

hfitch

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
This is why the Us government doesn't want to allow Chinese telecommunications vendors and data providers in America. They blocked most of their attempts to set up 4g sites in America. They also banned companies from buying their servers. The problem is a lot of chips and data equipment is in a lot of what we use everyday. Open your toaster up I guarantee you will see something with made in China in it. Also a small chip running your toaster as well. I wouldn't be shocked one day you find out they been putting listening devices in household smart appliances.

nukemaster

Distinguished
The US can not bomb China because half the work is made in china. Hack them back.

I do not think people realize that the only reason electronics are as cheap as they are is because they can be made for less in these countries.

Do you want to know what a 100% American manufactured notebook would cost?

Do not get me wrong, this sucks and all, but bombing them will not help anything.

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
Hacking the US is an act of war. If the US government finds out where the server is located we should drop a nice little bomb on the building that holds the fooking server.

*Message sent*

Hopefully our next leader has a pair and stands up against china and russia a little better.

So should Germany and others sent a message to the US?
Everyone does it, it´s up to you to protect your data, unfortunatly this is very hard if not impossible.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
More proof that China doesn't give a crap about you....but we have no way of not buying from China!!! lol Companies seriously need to stop manufacturing in China especially since Big Red is stealing IP left and right. There is more than enough cheap labor in the World, Go Mexico!

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Not sure there is much for us to hack in China. The majority of our products are made there, not much military advancement, tech? not so much. We just need to get used to the fact if you want cheap and easy products sometimes they come with chlamydia.

oj88

Honorable
May 23, 2012
This sort of spy games are happening everyday around the world, even among our allies. Don't make a big deal out of it.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
So basicly everyone is spying on everyone.
So, everyone wants to keep their secrets and steal others, but its not working... why not just stop spying and stop keeping secrets?
At least this means they will have less time to focus on common internet users.

Status
Not open for further replies.