China Requiring Filters on PCs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balshoy

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
[citation][nom]MDillenbeck[/nom] Do you believe that the USA doesn't have its own set of legal code that deals with what is considered moral and decent, making other things illegal (especially for children)? [/citation]

Lol... it reminds me of monkey island when one of the possible replies was: "but what about the children?"... "what about them?"... "I dunno. I just thought I'd ask." :D

G

China seems to be the land of the walls...Remember the chinese wall that never got finished?

They spend so many years building it, and on european and American soil, that wall became worthless in a matter of 20 years with the invention of the plane!

The great china firewall was not able to stop tunnel clients, so what's next? A big brother software! Well, it is supposed to be very easy to disable or circumvent too!
But what do these chinese guys know? They still live in the stone age, proud to have 'invented' papyrus and firecrackers!
But their industry is just a big mess... A pitty the common worker is the dupe of a bad government!

On the other hand crime is way lower there than in USA. There's a limit to how much freedom and control we need to have!
And only God knows that limit for each individual!

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]marcusmiller360[/nom]This is why the Chinese are not officially human: they deny that they have free will. In my mind, chinese are dogs and nothing more.[/citation]
What evidence do you have to support the existence of freewill? We don't have some magical ability to choose that other beings don't have.

[citation][nom]MDillenbeck[/nom]Do you believe that the USA doesn't have its own set of legal code that deals with what is considered moral and decent, making other things illegal (especially for children)? [/citation]
I do, and I think it shouldn't. Law should be based on evidence, evidence that the law will be beneficial, not based on morals which may or may not have any basis in reality.

Live your life by your morals, don't force them on others.

b9766

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
in my mind, you just a bitchass dog who barks everytime you near a hairy balls

[citation][nom]Balshoy[/nom]Lol... it reminds me of monkey island when one of the possible replies was: "but what about the children?"... "what about them?"... "I dunno. I just thought I'd ask."[/citation]

b9766

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
in my mind, you just a bitchass dog who barks everytime you near a hairy balls

[citation][nom]marcusmiller360[/nom]This is why the Chinese are not officially human: they deny that they have free will. In my mind, chinese are dogs and nothing more.[/citation]

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]stumpystumped[/nom]Most countries in the world are just as guilty as China or any other country when coming to monitoring their citizens. Falun Gong is classified as some sort of a terrorist organisation in China much the same as Al Qaeda in US. I live in Australia and I have a Muslim looking friend who gets search left right and centre every time he leaves or enters Australia. Where's the fairness in that? You can't carry metal butter knife onto a plane but u can with lights so you can smoke as soon as you get off the plane? China should do whatever they do, in the end, if too many people disagree, the government will get overthrown.[/citation]

umm i highly doubt teh Falun gong is a terrorist group , china's gioverment also considers budhist a terrorist group , have you ehard of a buddhist that goes around kiling poeple, they are the worlds's first hipy religion , so i doubt china's claims that teh falun gong is a terrorist likely tehy are jsut anoterh apssive ressistance group that the chinese goverment wants to shut up. the Chinese goverment are teh terrorist

b9766

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]umm i highly doubt teh Falun gong is a terrorist group , china's gioverment also considers budhist a terrorist group , have you ehard of a buddhist that goes around kiling poeple, they are the worlds's first hipy religion , so i doubt china's claims that teh falun gong is a terrorist likely tehy are jsut anoterh apssive ressistance group that the chinese goverment wants to shut up. the Chinese goverment are teh terrorist[/citation]

get your facts right, none of the bs you said is true. Buddhism is the main religion in China. As a chinese, this piece of shit software is not going to change our daily life. just like we not allow to have firearms, we just have to deal with it. shame we can't start a massacre in school like the americans

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]have you ehard of a buddhist that goes around kiling poeple, they are the worlds's first hipy religion[/citation]
Your knowledge of Buddhism appears to be on the same level of your knowledge of English.

Plenty of people have died, and killed in the name of various sects of Buddhism, but it's an old religion, so by the time western civilization became aware of it, Buddhism was pretty docile.

josh jones

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
who cares what China government does in it's own country. Let the citizens decide the quality of life they want to live:)
Basically, if the Citizens are happy with a lousy standard of living do to their oun government selling them on the cheep to geedy corporate big heads from europe and USA, than thats fine by me. Just means those same big heads will force the chinese government to support europe and US economies so those countries receiving support will keep buying stuff. lol
what a tangled web us humans weave.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Sorry China has over 1 billion people and the PROFITS hardware companies can make from that are more important then your humanity rights.

rockabye

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
The sole purpose of Green Wall is to neutralize programs designed to override China's "Great Firewall," and nothing more. He even added that end-users can actually turn off Green Wall, or delete the program altogether.
So... just turn it off then.

astrodudepsu

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
This is just another small step in the decay of freedom. I shouldn't care, because I'm not Chinese but for some reason I do. If the good people of China had any pride they would overthrow the yoke of tyranny.

But seriously, to anyone who reads this site I don't see this software being too much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.