Chinese Teen Sells Kidney for iPad 2, Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonedatheist

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
How stupid can people be? Technology is constantly evolving and there's always gonna be another new device around the corner. Your kidney(s), however, is vital and u will have forever. Sent from my new Asus Transformer (which I didn't have to sell a vital organ for)

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Nothin' but a stupid person being stupid.

Any intelligent person in their right mind would have delayed the surgery for a few more months and waited for the Xoom 2. Tsk tsk.

All jokes aside, I wouldn't buy the Ipad 2 even if I had an unlimited source of funds...I don't see why this idiot would go to such great lengths in order to get one. Blows my effing mind.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
And i want to go back to computex in Taipei, but i can't be selling organs i can't replace....

if there is no more of me. then i cant do anything.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Ha..now we know that contrary to what the stereotype there are really dumb Asians in existence .

I suppose that youth is somewhat to blame but by the time you are 17 you either have some common sense or you don't.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
this is sad.
This kid has no idea of what he did, he pretty much ruined his life for a stupid toy. this is what ignorance does to people, and why education is still the most important asset we can ensure for our kids. Politicians everywhere, including in US, should pay close attention to this, and quit bickering about the cost of education.
As I said before, global population increases, but the amount of common sense remains the same...

G

Ge didnt ruin his life but come on his parents didn't reliaze he was gone for 3 days?

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]frye[/nom]Only $3000? Kidneys are worth $50,000+[/citation]
Sadly, nobody told the boy that. 3grand is more than an average yearly income in China.

I wonder how many teenagers in the developed world would sell a kidney for 50grand.

G

This is a sad example of how people's ego make bad decisions. He can live with one kidney OK so he's probably not affected his health much and selling a spare body organ for a year's salary does kinda make sense to me. What is sad is that he then blew all of that money on some electronic gadgets that will have little real value. In five years time what will he have to show for this? If he'd used the money to build himself a business or something that would benefit him for his whole life I'd consider it a potentially good move, but not this...

Status
Not open for further replies.