Choice of Laptop

kkelso03

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Hey guys, as I type this I'm also looking through various reviews, forums, and tech sites to help me with my decision, but I also want to hear other peoples thoughts on this topic. Recently my laptop got practically destroyed, and I know it would cost about $300 to fix it. Obviously it's a better choice to go ahead and get a new laptop. I have a price cap of $500 to buy a new laptop with. SO here's the meat 'n' potatoes, what is your guys' thoughts of the best laptop you can buy for $500? I know it's difficult to choose a laptop especially when you have a cap on the money you can spend. So if you guys could do me the favor of taking a minute and explaining which laptop you think is the best buy and why, I would really appreciate it.

kkelso03

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Oh yeah, I didn't think about that. Well mostly what I use it for is everyday stuff and gaming. Now and again I do some editing in the way of Adobe Photoshop. Other than that, like I said, just basic usage and gaming.

kkelso03

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Any and all...Online and offline. I basically just aim for 60fps at at least medium settings when it comes to games. Sorry if that's not the answer you're looking for I just don't understand the question. Gaming is gaming. Obviously the better the specs of the laptop the more powerful the processing, the better and sharper the gaming experience. So I guess I'm just looking for the most powerful laptop I can buy for $500.

kkelso03

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I could make a long winded argument about how that isn't exactly a true fact and about how you're not helping my situation at all, but I'm going to stick with that's not what I asked. I understand the components that go into PCs and how it affects the way games and programs are used. The thing I am wanting to know is suggestions from people who know those same things or at least pretend to, so I can broaden my horizon of options.