Christmas Sets Record for iOS and Android Activations

Status
Not open for further replies.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Good stuff. Now with all this new attention if the App Store and Google Play can police the quality of the apps available and remove all the danger-fart-type apps. Maybe put low-selling apps on probation and if they don't pick up sales in a reasonable amount of time remove them (where the developer can resubmit after a certain amount of time).

I'd like to see Google Play get some of the App Store's higher-quality offerings too.

G

Still would rather like a Surface, although the price is a bit high - I'm actually waiting to see if the Surface Pro can supplement or replace my current laptop.

Also, we don't even have Windows Phone 8 numbers at this time. Considering core similarities, I'm a bit unsure whether it's possible to break WP8 numbers from W8 numbers.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
I got my wife a $200 Nexus 7 & it takes massive shits on the $400-600 iPad (any gen). Although personally I would get the Asus TF700T :-D

pedro_mann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
[citation][nom]diddo[/nom]Epic Windows 8 fail...[/citation]
Agreed, Win 8 is positioned as a complete loss. But, what I really wanted to get from the article was how many more activations Android got that iDevices? Sadly, the important figures were missing.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]Madjimms[/nom]I got my wife a $200 Nexus 7 & it takes massive shits on the $400-600 iPad (any gen). Although personally I would get the Asus TF700T :-D[/citation]
I used a Nexus 7 for a while. Indeed it's a nice kit but to say it releaves itself on all versions of the iPad is stretching it quite a bit. The Retina display simply looks far far far better. ...and I'd be surprised if it's any faster than an iPad 3 or 4. The iPad 3 or 4 and Nexus 7 are all premium. An Asus Transformer Infinity? Very nice...if you get one w/out pixel defects.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Surface RT sucks, when the Pro gets released is when it will actually have some descent sales. If anyone was going to buy an ARM device, they should get an ipad, or a nexus, or a transformer tablet, not a surface RT.

Out of all those 17.4m activations, I would have liked to have seen how many were Android vs IOS. I guess Flurry didn't want to see Apple stock take any more of a beating that it already has.

Status
Not open for further replies.