Chrome Book Laptops

Snagged

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014
I know next to nothing about these but I was wondering what one is a good one to get.

I already have a pretty nice desktop so I care nothing about performance with this thing. I just want it to browse the internet (watch Hulu, Youtube, look at forums....). I want a big screen with good resolution, something that will last long and for a good price. I would like to only spend 200 to 300 dollars on one. What are some good suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Solution
The acer chromebook 14 is good as I have the 720p version. For basic usage its good as long as the websites you visit don't have a lot of ads. The 1080p version I assume will have a better screen. It has twice the ram.

The google chromebook is a waste of money in my opinion as you can buy a windows laptop for that money.

You could also look at the toshiba chromebook as that has a good screen and performance for the price.

Snagged

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014
Well I found a good artcile on this subject that answered a lot of questions I had. It looks like the bigger books might have a few problems but wanted to see if anyone here had any insight into this. I liked Acer Chromebook 14 for the price and size but without even researching I assume the resolution on it might be bad. I want good resolution and picture. So I looked at the R11. While it has a smaller screen, it appears to have better resolution but smaller screen. All in all these are 2 on the list.

I looked at the Super Google Chrome Book that looked promising too.

The acer chromebook 14 is good as I have the 720p version. For basic usage its good as long as the websites you visit don't have a lot of ads. The 1080p version I assume will have a better screen. It has twice the ram.

The google chromebook is a waste of money in my opinion as you can buy a windows laptop for that money.

You could also look at the toshiba chromebook as that has a good screen and performance for the price.

Solution

mrquanquackduck

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
The Acer Chromebook 15 has an 15.6 in. Full HD Screen. 32GB SSD and 4GB of DDR3L RAM. I guess it can handle YouTube, Streaming Services, etc. just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T03KQ34/ref=twister_B06Y5SS8ZK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I would have to agree with velo3100, Chromebooks are just not the best computers on the market. For the pricing and what you are getting, I would consider getting an Windows computer instead. There is an $499.99 Chromebook with an Intel Core i3 Processor and you can pretty much build an better computer with $499.

Good Luck on finding the computer you want!

Snagged

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014
Thanks for the suggestions guys. My only reservation with Acer is that I've heard from multiple people recently that their stuff tends to overheat. Any truth to this?

And I really don't need a lot of computer so I was thinking how in the world it could overheat overheat

Snagged

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014

Oh yeah, I won't be doing any of that for sure. ha