Chrome to Drop Support for Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I don't think many Macs run Leopard anymore, but some government and educational institutions may. I guess they'll just end up switching over to Firefox if they don't want to upgrade.

andy_newton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I don't think many Macs run Leopard anymore, but some government and educational institutions may. I guess they'll just end up switching over to Firefox if they don't want to upgrade.[/citation]

Or switch to Windows due to EPEAT non-compliant

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
"If you're fond of using Google Chrome, don't want to be outdated, and are still rocking Leopard, maybe it's time for an upgrade."
Haha, made a good chuckle.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I don't think many Macs run Leopard anymore, but some government and educational institutions may. I guess they'll just end up switching over to Firefox if they don't want to upgrade.[/citation]

i guess they will end up buying the new MBP rather than changing the browser and upgrading the OS.
Apple users have more money than sense

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Why would a hardcore Apple fan use a non-Apple product in the first place?
Seriously, Chrome is a bit overrated and hyped anyway, and MAC people are rather fond of Apple's designs etc.
It seems to me -a PC guy- that the combination is a non starter.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]No, just drop Chrome. Google is a leftist tool and I don't trust them.[/citation]
And..... you trust Apple more than Google?

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
My grandmother was complaining about this because she likes Chrome, but refuses to pay for a software upgrade for her Mac Mini LOL I do give her credit that she's an original die hard Mac fan, and it's the only computer OS that she's completely comfortable with.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]marcolorenzo[/nom]5 years? Snow Leopard came out in 2009...[/citation]
Leopard, not Snow Leopard. It's funny how much quicker versions of OS X become outdated compared to Windows.

marcolorenzo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
[citation][nom]livebriand[/nom]Leopard, not Snow Leopard. It's funny how much quicker versions of OS X become outdated compared to Windows.[/citation]

The opening sentence said "It's been almost five years since Snow Leopard's release." The following sentence: "Since the upgrade is only about $30, there's almost no excuse for you to remain on OS X Leopard" establishes that he meant Snow Leopard which means he is completely wrong.

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Well. Win XP SP2 is still supported. And that came out in 2004.[/citation]

Because MS isn't paying software designers to drop supportfor their old products so people who use it are forced to upgrade. I really don't think Microsoft cares what version of their product you're using.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]snowzsan[/nom]Because MS isn't paying software designers to drop supportfor their old products so people who use it are forced to upgrade. I really don't think Microsoft cares what version of their product you're using.[/citation]
Important thing is it's all supported...people keep trolling Windows and x86 for being backwards compatible, but that's their beauty *dreamy eyes* :D

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]apone[/nom]@ freggo ...because Safari has more (security) holes than a slice of swiss cheese....[/citation]

True, but since when do Apple users do the rational thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.