Chubby Checker Sues HP Over Penis-measuring App

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]DookieDraws[/nom]Chubby Pecker?[/citation]
What does Chubby Chocobo have to do with this? Don't bring him in this idiocy.

G

What's stupid is more people know about the app now because of the lawsuit, and 500 million? He never made that in his entire career lol

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
This Chubby guy (who?) is a real tool. He's the one that happens to have a name like a ding dong. The app checks your chubby, it's a chubby checker... really, I doubt the app developer even had a clue who this guy was. I hope HP counter sues or something.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Never thought of this one hit wonder in connection with the app name until reading the article.
If this was his 'real' name, there may be some small small merit to this but just by asking for 500 Mill in damages he just showed the whole world what he really is.
A greedy moron who should find a 6ft deep hole in the ground. We do not need 'people' like you; please go away.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Scam artists.... nobody even remembered this guy.... all of his fans are either dead or crapping in a bag... (which is what we'll all be doing in the end).

G

Seriously, there's no need to make a joke. The headline does it all for you..haha

G

If he trademarked his name, then sue the guy who made the app and called it that. If his name isnt trade marked, well too bad.

baconeater

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
People stop saying "oh i never heard of this guy" you're proving your ignorance.

He's rich, a very successful and well known musician. You're on an internet forum commenting about a law suit. Please stop looking stupid

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]baconeater[/nom]People stop saying "oh i never heard of this guy" you're proving your ignorance. He's rich, a very successful and well known musician. You're on an internet forum commenting about a law suit. Please stop looking stupid[/citation]

How can he have been caused irreparable harm if no one knows who he is. That was the point of these comments.

Please use your own advice before typing. Please stop looking stupid.

He is obviously only after money if he is going for HP rather than the developers. Sounds like an A grade douche. All in all PeckerChecker is a better name, however most likely taken.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Unfortunately for Mr. Checker and his lawyers, the words "chubby" and "checker" are both English words defined in the dictionary and can be used without his consent. Unless he can prove the term "chubby checker" was being tied to his likeness, music, or in anyway tied to him personally or as an artist he has no case. We all have the right to continue using English words as they are defined in the dictionary to form phrases in order to express thoughts and ideas.

Deadly_Ramon

Honorable
May 21, 2012
The same idiot that hired a private helicopter to "rescue" him from New Orleans...but completely ignore people stranded on their houses or in small boats, etc.... That d-bag....

I heard about Fats Domino being rescued from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, but not Chubby Checker. You sure you don't have your 50s-60s blues-pop singers confused?

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dwerb@hotmailcom[/nom]Is Chubby Checker's lawyer really named Willie?lol[/citation]

From the esteemed firm of Willy, Peters and Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.