Solved! Click Problem

Jun 14, 2019
I have a windows problem it’s not the mouse or the touch pad as i have trouble shot that.
What happens is windows comes up with the right click menu consistently it stops me from typing anything. I have a video of it.
It happens on everything except games. Douse it on web browsers, desktop, word, excel, everything.
I need help it’s driving us nuts we can’t do anything study on the computer and I can’t explain the problem properly to get google to help.

Any help would be appreciated I need to find out what’s going on here.

YouTube link of it happening
View: https://youtu.be/-s2yI36sD7c

Last edited:
Solution
It is possible it is a keyboard issue, stuck key (internal if not externally showing), malware or even a virus. To start try the following and see if it helps (to check if it is the keyboard).

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
  2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
  3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

If this doesn't resolve it, and it happens after the reinstall of the driver and also when an external keyboard is attached, then do good deep malware as well as virus scans. They are not the same. You...
It is possible it is a keyboard issue, stuck key (internal if not externally showing), malware or even a virus. To start try the following and see if it helps (to check if it is the keyboard).

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

If this doesn't resolve it, and it happens after the reinstall of the driver and also when an external keyboard is attached, then do good deep malware as well as virus scans. They are not the same. You may also want to look at any newly installed programs, recent updates or even alternate programs installed without your permission.

Reactions: MustersGas001
Solution
Jun 14, 2019

If this doesn't resolve it, and it happens after the reinstall of the driver and also when an external keyboard is attached, then do good deep malware as well as virus scans. They are not the same. You may also want to look at any newly installed programs, recent updates or even alternate programs installed without your permission.

Thanks webworkings seams to have done the job! I uninstalled the keyboard driver and restarted and haven’t had it happen again. Hope it stays that way. Thanks again champ!

Could be. You could try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if it happens in there as well. Most stuff can't run in "Safe Mode" so you would be able to rule out if it is software (virus, malware, bad program) or if it is hardware.

If it happens in there, then try an external keyboard and see if it stops then.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Jun 14, 2019
Thanks mate but iv really stuffed my laptop now.
I reset it tried to reinstall the graphics driver and now it’s in a crash restart loop.
Its forced me to reset it again and now I’m up to my 3rd reset.