Solved! cloned and booting....now what

tharbin78

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
I have an ASUS Rog gl752vw and run windows 10. I have a 1tb ssd hard drive. I just installed a 500gb M.2 ssd and cloned everything over from the 1tb onto the 500 gb ssd and set the bios to boot from the M.2. Now can anyone tell me what to do to my original 1tb hard drive so that everything works to give me the optimal service. Do I reformat it, clear it, or what? Thank you.

Solution
I would suggest keeping the hard drive the same for a while until the new hardware gets past about 30 days. Most hardware that may fail usally does in the first 30 day. After that then use it as a storage drive.

elbert

Distinguished
I would suggest keeping the hard drive the same for a while until the new hardware gets past about 30 days. Most hardware that may fail usally does in the first 30 day. After that then use it as a storage drive.

Solution

tharbin78

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

tharbin78

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
That makes great sense. I'm worried that if I clear the main hard drive, that my cloned m.2 might not have the files needed to run everything. Wish I was smarter about this stuff. I for one really appreciate those of you who share your knowledge! Thank you!