CMD prompt showing up randomly; Don't have Office on computer nor tasks related to it.

Jun 5, 2018
Random CMD prompt window (maybe??) constantly popping up at random times, keeps alt tabbing me out of things that I'm doing. I DO NOT have Microsoft Office, and none of the previous ""fixes"" for this issue apply to my computer as these processes/tasks just simple do not exist on my computer. It's extremely irritating and has been disastrous for things like online gaming. I have Windows 10, and this issue has only recently been showing its ugly head. Never had it happen before.

Jun 5, 2018

Unfortunately, no. Any tasks that seemed odd or unknown i just googled and they ended up just being regular sort of background processes. No update themed processes either. I should also add that i did a few scans and they all came out clean so i’m almost certain it’s not malware. :(

Jun 5, 2018

Nothing out of my normal schedule, to be honest. Was just playing games and it randomly started happening. (Happens with all games, too, so not just specific ones.)

Jun 5, 2018

I believe it’s only happening when i’m playing games, because if it’s been happening outside of that i haven’t noticed. I tried doing the “fix” for something like this involving the nvidia control panel and setting t to a single display mode, but the options weren’t available to me.