CoD: BO Breaks Entertainment Release Records

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
best selling games are become more and more like best selling movies: uninspired big budget celebrations of mediocrity, which lack any creative spark whatsoever, but the "unwashed masses" love it.

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
[citation][nom]bernardv[/nom]Non-stop psychopathic violence, no sane person can enjoy such an experience. In my opinion gamers who play stuff like this a lot should join some group therapy.If you write an f*** word on some forum, the post is delete, but at the same time content like the latest CoD titles is distributed in millions ... I think this is pretty twisted.[/citation]

Ooookaaaayyyy.... did we psycopaths fps gamers satarted any real war so far?

Did we start any fanatic cult so far?

you´re probably refering (4 example) to people like those 2 sick a-hls of colombine, yep but their still a minority with murderers and psycos

So no we are not psycos, we´re just gamers.

Do you enjoy horror movies, war movies? The people that watch these are they in need of some group therapy?

bernardv

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
@godnodog
I'm not saying the whole FPS genre is psychopathic. There are games like HL and many others which contain violence, but don't glorify it in a sense like CoD does. The same goes for war movies, most of them (the good ones) have an anti-war message.

In horror movies you are supposed to be scared and identify with the victims not the killer. A large part of that genre tends to be a bit comic, so you don't take the stuff to seious anyway.

But CoD is not comic and you are not the victim. I think if Goebbels could produce videogames, he would produce CoD, just the flags would be different.

G

this was one of the worse games I ever played, not worth it even for free!! 2/10,

znegval

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
First commenter is absolutely right. The last 4 CoD titles are pretty much the same thing, except for World at War which is the same thing with different weapons. Game companies don't even need to put the effort to inovate anymore, people will buy any crap they release. This sucks! I want NEW games but with things going this way they're gonna take a long time to come.

devorakman112

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
i see alot of people praising the game, and alot of people bashing the game, but i see very few people who actually say what they dislike or like about the game. why do you dislike it so? because of a corperate ownership? get over it. everything you have (with a possible very few exceptions) is here thanks to a coorperation. you clothes, your food, your medicine, your electricity, the keyboard you use to spread your hatred of such things. without these coorperations, the modern world would be nothing like it is. deal with it. ever if we dislike something they do or their methods, the end result is something which millions of people use.

as far as the game, im dissapointed with how they changed the ;bling' perk into warlord, and excluded underbarrels. although it does help limit the use of the noobtube, it makes it rather useless imo. AR's are the only weapons worth using, with the range and accuracy to put sniper rifles to shame.

frozentundra123456

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Liked the Black Ops story a lot, but very, very disappointed in the PC performance. Terrible stuttering in single player, and it is a common problem from what I have read. Modern Warfare 1 was noted for relatively good graphics and good performance on even low end systems. What happened????
As for the violence in the game, it is so over the top as to be almost cartoonish. I cant see how this would really drive anybody to be a psychotic killer. Come on, give me a break, it is a game!!!

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
I havn't bought it, I played it round a friends house and it reminded me so much of a re-skinned MW2 it's almost unbelievable, but maybe a bit more balanced and fewer snipers. Even so, MW2 reminded me of a shiny CoD:MW with easier quick-scoping, so, yeah. Still, I'm glad I've only bought CoD:MW and not the subsequent 3.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I bought the game, and i would say the story wasn't the most thrilling and it was almost predictable, but it does have a twist. I enjoyed MW1-2's story more then this one. Graphically its MW2, though pixels on some levels don't look that great at all *Cough treyarch* They have great experience as a developer and i think there getting better at it and hopefully some day will have a different experience then what "IW" has in there games. I think the reason MW did so well was the story was made up, but thats what made it even more exciting. As long as they keep the story a driven exciting and memorable one it will keep selling like crazy. Multi-player wise i think this one beats MW, they did a lot to fix things and make it better as a whole. Like now u can only have so many aircraft coming in the air space, i think max is like 3, that helps in terms of lag and just over abundance of getting raped on haha. Overall experience the game is worth it in how much content it packs, but the story lacks creativity and some of the missions seem bland and really uninspiring. I think they tried too hard to match "IW's" creativity to be different in there missions, but it just felt dumb to have to press RT to fire up the blackbirds engine. I found that to be a nuisance and annoyed me each time something like that was added, like they couldn't find a more compelling way to have you interact with the game. But it does pack content, i found myself wasting away 2 hours on the arcade zombie mode. And i believe anyone who's driven to to completely complete the game you can pack 30+ hours into this game spread across the story and multi-player which makes ti worth the 65 in my opinion. I can't wait to see what next years COD is going to be, my friend heard a rumor that "IW" will be taking the game to the future with space combat. I really hope they don't, thats what shattered Horizon is for. And with half the team missing at "IW" its hard to tell what the game will look like. Time will tell

howiejcee

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Are you kidding me?
The main reason BO outsold MW2 records is because of good marketing and hype AND the huge possibility that there's tons of people out there who bought MW2 as their first COD title and/or expected BO to be just as good if not better.

In other words, BO played off the success of MW2 and also had good marketing which lead to good initial sales. Unfortunately, it's a lousy game except for the single player story (AI still sucked though, you only play against aimbots, nothing more than that).

lasaldude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
[citation][nom]cbrownx88[/nom]I torrented the single player... it's horridly pathetic. COD4 was many times better[/citation]

What was horridly pathetic about it? Back-up your Statement with some reason please so I can understand.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
blah blah, keep buyng you fools, but than stop complaining about the bad graphics, engines...
I've also torrented this crap, finished the singel player, uninstall it, deleted the torrent from utorrent and deleted every trace of this crappy game from my pc.
Don't know the multiplayer, maybe it's great, but after i tried the single player, i would never spend money for this game. I just don't understand....millions of sales? Millions of ridiculous people, with no brain. Keep giving money to these developers you stupid people.

jitpublisher

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
Activision is in business for 1 reason, and 1 reason only. To make money.
Apparently, they have done what many companies today haven't been able to do. They designed a game, it sells, people play it, and it makes them a ton of money. They can't please everyone, but they have come up with a recipe that pleases a lot of people.

dragunover

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]devorakman112[/nom]i see alot of people praising the game, and alot of people bashing the game, but i see very few people who actually say what they dislike or like about the game. why do you dislike it so? because of a corperate ownership? get over it. everything you have (with a possible very few exceptions) is here thanks to a coorperation. you clothes, your food, your medicine, your electricity, the keyboard you use to spread your hatred of such things. without these coorperations, the modern world would be nothing like it is. deal with it. ever if we dislike something they do or their methods, the end result is something which millions of people use.as far as the game, im dissapointed with how they changed the ;bling' perk into warlord, and excluded underbarrels. although it does help limit the use of the noobtube, it makes it rather useless imo. AR's are the only weapons worth using, with the range and accuracy to put sniper rifles to shame.[/citation]
Your ideology of comparing something to what corporations providing services that can potentially save lives to something that you sit down and play to is quite frankly disgusting and amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS