com surrogate error

visioncharm

Estimable
Sep 19, 2014
Hey guys, a few days ago my pc started to freeze up and not respond. First with images, then my browser then my word program. It kept saying com surrogate wasnt responding and whatnot, when i tried to use the start menu to try to fix it(i read you had enter in some commands to fix it) what ended up happening was that after a few minutes of the start menu not doing anything windows explorer itself froze up and stopped responding, leaving me w just a black screen. I restarted my pc two times in an attempt to put it in safe mode but both times while those lines of coding/ programs/whatever were running down the screen it would juststop. Should i try again? Also its f8 on a windows pc to put it in safe mode right?

Solution
Yes it's F8. Your issue may be a failing hard drive, bad RAM or maybe even CPU or motherboard, not just a software issue.

Since you can't even launch Windows at all, not even in Safe Mode, quickest thing would be to get a new hard drive, remove yours, install Windows on the new drive and then copy your files over to that. Programs will need to be re-installed.
Yes it's F8. Your issue may be a failing hard drive, bad RAM or maybe even CPU or motherboard, not just a software issue.

Since you can't even launch Windows at all, not even in Safe Mode, quickest thing would be to get a new hard drive, remove yours, install Windows on the new drive and then copy your files over to that. Programs will need to be re-installed.

Solution