Comcast Must Pay $16M For Blocking P2P Traffic

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Ha! Pirates win another battle.[/citation]

if thats what you get out of this then your one of the idiots that could have thier rights taken away and not even care.

if your also one of those idiots who thinks p2p was made to pirate (even if it mostly gets used that way) please stuff it in your.......

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
well this is what happens when a big company like Comcast decides to cheat it's customers. greedy phuckers, let the people get what they pay for, wtf?

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
almost forgot, it should not be at the discretion of the ISP to decide how a subscriber is going to use the services he or she is paying for. if they are going to advertise unlimited services then let it be unlimited and at the speed the customer is paying for. here in GUAM my ISP needs to get a lawsuit like this one. i pay for a crappy 7.0 Mbs and only get between 2.0 - 4.0Mbs most of the time. i tell them that they are capping my speed and they say that they don't, i am not that stupid

G

they are probably blocking traffic still regardless of proto as my dsl bounces all over the place from what signed on for to half of that[and excuses like excess traffic and such don't hold to good just like the gas companies and their cohorts excuses]

rage machine

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I've always found it odd to hear of many people getting throttled. I have charter communications and i have yet to be throttled after even several hours of downloading at 650kb/sec and uploads around 150kb/sec.

formin

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
$16M is pocket change to comcast
they have almost 16M subscribers
16M x $50/month x 12 monthes = just under $10Billion a year
thats the same as someone making $60,000 a year being fined 100 bucks

satoshen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Aren't there legitimate uses for P2P, such as Skype? In some markets, Comcast is really the only viable internet provider. They need to be regulated like this much the same way the phone company is. Although its a slap on the wrist, its a victory for net neutrality. All I can say is Verizon, PLEASE, bring your Fios service to metropolitan Seattle so we have some viable alternatives!

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Comcast is a good service provider but they should have in writing any service limitations. I do feel though that limiting downloads and having caps is a good thing. Cable internet service can be influenced by bandwidth hogs in a given neighborhood. I should not have to fight for bandwidth to play Games or watch a movie with someone torrenting 1TB of shit each Week. That is why I now have DSL 12mb

G

The only people that get anything off these class action lawsuits are the attorneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.