Comcast's Blazing Fast Internet Is Half The Speed Of DSL

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

another botchup by a phone rep

what a surprise

comcast phone reps are not the only botchers though

I get the botch job everytime I call medical, credit, and government phone reps, almost every time I call

nothing new

btw
my comcast tested yesterday is 16mb down 1.5 up

eat that dsl

even at 8 or 4 mb down when will I ever need it?

give me a break

if you are that cheap then use the un-secure wifi in your neighborhood and move on already

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
[citation][nom]dylly[/nom]btw
my comcast tested yesterday is 16mb down 1.5 up

eat that dsl[/citation]
lol lets see you try and use all that bandwidth your paying for. Next thing you'll get is a threatening letter or phone call during the middle of the work day saying you are actually using the bandwidth you payed for but we still think its too much and you've hit our magical limit that doesn't exist if you ask ahead of time. If you don't stop what you are doing we will terminate your account and ban you for a year.

[citation][nom]dylly[/nom]if you are that cheap then use the un-secure wifi in your neighborhood and move on already[/citation]
thats right genius, if you can't get it... steal it.

daft

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
if they send a letter to you, then why did my neighbors suddenly turn off. then he was charged $200 more than his usual bill! they told him that he magically reached and exceeded the cap by a mear 130GB. no letter, no call, no sudden knock on the door. just shut off the internet, phone, tv. about 2 days after he was shut down and already went down to yell at them... he got a his bill, then the bill said to call in for any mistakes

G

LAWLS! You honestly think DSL is faster than Comcast? You are so cheap that you would take the time to write an article that isnt even factual just because your crying about Comcast not offering a "cheaper" service in your area? If you have Comcast and you are getting speeds that are to fast for you *cough* Slosky *cough* then cancel and get dial-up.

P.S.- Im downloading @ 21Mbps and Uploading @ 2.2Mbps and i LOVE IT!

--Shapie--

G

Seriously.. Comcast is WAY faster than DSL. Comcast Gives you speeds (atleast here) up to 12Mbps; I get that FULL speed 100%. However that speed is split between my two computers and the XBOX360. Spr!nt DSL here has a MAX speed of 384Kbps; and since we live so far from the station, the speed degrades even more to only 100Kbps! So WHY would I pay 50 bucks for a speed double that of Dial-Up when I can buy a Comcast connection with THREE times faster for the same price.

G

@Shapie.... seriously,

DSL is faster than Comcast's "Economy Tier". The article compares the speed of the $25 "economy tier" [(768 Kb/s (down) and 384 (up)] service which IS slower then some DSL services. Perhaps read the article before you start criticizing it ;-)

G

@Agent Smith....

My god people.... read the article. The comparison is between the Comcast's "Economy Tier" and DSL.

G

READ article....

here are the FACTS:

Service Type DSL
Downstream Speed 256 Kbps
Upstream Speed 256 Kbps
Email Accounts 11
Firewall Y
Parental Controls Y
Pop-up Blocker Y
Spam Filter Y
Customer Support Hours 24/7

Standard Pricing
$31.99 Monthly Charge
$108.99 One-Time Charge
Pricing Notes
Explanation of Charges
Monthly charge does not include modem purchase ($59.99) or rental ($5.00 per month).
One-time charge assumes self-installation and consists of $99.00 activation fee plus $9.99 shipping and handling fee.
Additional Equipment Fees
Standard modem - purchase ($59.99) or rental ($5.00 per month).
Taxes & Surcharges
Taxes and fees are not included.

------------------------------------------------------
Service Type Cable Modem
Downstream Speed 768 Kbps
Upstream Speed 384 Kbps
Email Accounts 7
Firewall Y
Parental Controls Y
Pop-up Blocker Y
Spam Filter Y
Customer Support Hours 24/7
All Included Features

Standard Pricing
$24.95 Monthly Charge
$99.99 One-Time Charge
Pricing Notes
Explanation of Charges
Monthly charge does NOT include modem rental.
One-time charge assumes professional installation.
Additional Equipment Fees
Modem Rental - $3.00/mo.
Additional Service Fees
Self-Installation Kit - w/ shipping - $39.90
Taxes & Surcharges
Taxes and fees are not included.

Hmmm. so in comparing the two? I would say for $7 LESS!!!! Comcast gives you ALOT MORE SPEED!

Does that help a lil peeps?

Shapie

G

Yeah well if the article is about Comcast's economy tier maybe it should say that in the headline.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
Downstream Speed 256 Kbps
Upstream Speed 256 Kbps

Where did you even find these numbers?

DSL for 19.99 is (Los Angeles area)
Downstream Speed: Up to 768 Kbps
Upstream Speed: Up to 384 Kbps

G

using unsecure wireless is not stealing

who is the genius?

lets see you build a real network

can you even use visio?

do you know what a Variable length subnet mask is?

I wont even get into spvcc's and pix configs

dont tell me how to network nub

G

The information i listed is for the Seattle Market and surrounding areas. I dont know speed's / pricing in other states etc.

All in all my point that im trying to get accross is that Comcast Economy Tier and dsl are "about" the same speed.

The headliner says "Comcast's Blazing Fast Internet Is Half The Speed Of DSL" Obviously this is somewhat misleading and for a purpose im sure.

Comcast does not advertise there Economy Tier to be FAST! (FASTER, etc.) It is for the people that only check there email twice a week or use aol,msn,yahoo messenger every so often. NOT FOR THE HARD-CORE gamers....

I think you just went to general in your article with the comcast products and were more specific about DSL.

Shapie

(next time try and quote locations and the actual products that are being compared)

G

LOL damn theres a lot of fanboys for comcast.. Read the article before commenting damn... Hes simply saying that this offer sucks! When you can get dsl for the same price and a lot better...

With that said not all speeds are the same all round the world/usa.. It varys a lot. Around were I'm at dsl/cable *comcast* are both pretty evened up..

desukane

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
Let's cut through the BS. You get from Comcast or whatever DSL service, whatever Comcast or DSL service gives you. Regardless and that's the scam. Whether, you pay 25, 55, 65, you get just
barely double 56k. This tier BS is BS... There needs to be an abject uproar over this logic. I guess
we're getting upload and download speeds in HD. How comical...

Status
Not open for further replies.