Command Key Makes Shift Key Stick

Corn Philips

Estimable
Sep 7, 2015
I've recently come into a 2012 15" MacBook Pro with some water damage. The only issues I've seen so far after a fresh install of Sierra is that it boots into Safe Mode if I don't hold down option, broken left shift, and an interesting phenomenon I can't find anywhere else with the left command key. I've been using the computer for a few days with no problems except when I press the left command key the system acts as if shift is being held down and will not stop until I restart. So that means windows open and close in slow motion and I can't really use it until I restart. I'm at a loss as to a solution, has anyone else had this problem or know a fix?

Thanks, Dave

Solution
You need to replace the keyboard. No other fix for that issue as the water has caused corrosion within the keyboard circuitry. It is a time consuming repair but isn't that hard if you have a good guide like on fixit.com and are reasonably experienced at fixing computers.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
You need to replace the keyboard. No other fix for that issue as the water has caused corrosion within the keyboard circuitry. It is a time consuming repair but isn't that hard if you have a good guide like on fixit.com and are reasonably experienced at fixing computers.

Solution