Command prompt sometimes appears, and disappears within a second for no reason.

Laz7DTe

Prominent
May 28, 2017
Hello everyone. As the title says, for about a week I believe I see the command prompt box pop up for half a second then suddenly disappear. This hasn't been happening often as far as I can tell, but unfortunately I use my computer more for YT videos, and music for background noise than anything else, so i'm not usually looking at the screen when the computer is on. I have ran Avast antivirus full scan, Avast boot-time scan, Malwarebytes, JRT (Junkware Removal Tool), Adwcleaner, and I have checked task manager as soon a I think I see it open, to see if I can spot something amiss. Everything has come up clean, I have not been to any shady sites, nor have I downloaded any programs. If anyone could help or confirm for a certainty that this isn't a malware issue I would be grateful. Thank you.

elbert

Distinguished
Run a system check to look for corrupt files. It will repair if any found.
Right click the Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste:
sfc /scannow
> press Enter.

It takes time.
When its finished you will see one of the 3 reports.
1. No integrity violation.
2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
If the report is #2, check if your problems have been solved.
If the report is #3, paste this command:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.

Again takes time.
When finished you a report.

elbert

Distinguished
Download and run process lasso.
https://bitsum.com/
When it happens, open Process Lasso and look in Action Log to see what was running.
The log will tell you the time, date, and the path of the program.
53488d1485960737t-mysterious-command-prompt-popups-please-help-.jpg

Laz7DTe

Prominent
May 28, 2017

Alright, I downloaded the free version of process lasso. Now I guess I'll wait in the mean time to see when it will pop-up again.

Laz7DTe

Prominent
May 28, 2017
Hmm well it just happen again after 2+ weeks, and Lasso didn't pick up anything, so I guess I will assume that it has to be the Microsoft Office issue then.