Status
Not open for further replies.

mezcalito0002

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
I would like to know the difference between the command prompt which is accessed by start , all programs , accessories , command prompt and has a title as command prompt and its path is c:\Users\Phil> on one hand, while on the other hand there is another command prompt that can be accessed by start and typing cmd on the start search box and its title is c:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe with the path c:\Users\Phil> it is worth mentioning that there is another command prompt that is used as administrator but no worries about that one I understand it fine.

Chainzsaw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
They are one and the same.

Basically the one found in the start>all programs>accessories just points to the CMD prompt in C:\windows\System32\

But, how you access them can be different.

For example - in a domain sometimes the CMD prompt is usuable, but for "advanced" functions like renewing an IP you would require administrator access.

Chainzsaw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
You will probably want to run it as administrator.

To run it as admin - find the CMD prompt - hold shift and right click on the shortcut. Click on "run as administrator".

You will need your administrator credentials if you have any.

mezcalito0002

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
I've a file which is not working properly, due to that I would like to remove it from my system, I've a shortcut on my desktop of it and its path location is C:\program files (x86)\mozilla firefox, which by the way is the file that I'm trying to remove. I've tried remove it via command prompt unsuccessfully, as well control panel unistall a program option getting the same overcome. I did access the command prompt as administrator. I might be doing something wrong during the process and I'm serch for answers and solutions.

mezcalito0002

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
when I shut down my computer I always get this message "WAITING FOR BACKGROUND PROGRAMS TO CLOSE" "TO CLOSE THE PROGRAM THAT IS PREVENTING WINDOWS TO CLOSE CLICK CANCEL, AND THEN CLOSE THE PROGRAM" WORTH TO MENTION THAT EVERY SINGLE PROGRAM IS CLOSE BUT THE MESSAGE STATES THAT THE PROGRAM IS RUNNING ON THE BACKGROUND, also I would like to mention that when I turn on my computer the num lock light is on no matter what and when I type my password to access, it goes off. I would like to solve this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.