Compaq A900 Battery Dead

dead2458

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
Hello, I am new to this forum.

I am having trouble with my Compaq battery. If I unplug the charger, the whole laptop will go on shutdown mode. I think my battery is affected. Could I get a replacement for HP for this?

Solution
Most likely, yes. The only concern is whether it's the circuit or the battery itself. If it's an old system, the battery is probably the culprit.

You can get aftermarket batteries, but try to shoot for an OEM battery. Often the aftermarket ones are cheaper but of poorer quality (the cells wear out faster).
Most likely, yes. The only concern is whether it's the circuit or the battery itself. If it's an old system, the battery is probably the culprit.

You can get aftermarket batteries, but try to shoot for an OEM battery. Often the aftermarket ones are cheaper but of poorer quality (the cells wear out faster).

Solution

dead2458

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014

Well, I talked to a sale person at Coolermaster. They said the overheat problem is that my battery is dead.

is that true?

I have been have overheat problem. I think it my battery is dead.

You called Coolermaster about your Compaq battery? They're not really qualified to troubleshoot that.

Heat is damaging to a battery, but I can't say for certain overheating is what killed it. We can't determine yet that the battery is the problem. The only way you can know for certain is to purchase a replacement battery and test it. If the laptop shows the same problem, then the issue is likely the motherboard or the contacts.