Compaq NX9010 Won't Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegayellow

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I was recently given a ton of laptop bottoms. Included were two Compaq NX9010 Laptops (One a Celeron, One a Pentium 4). I hooked each one separately into a monitor I have to test (A Desktop Monitor). When I press power, the power light, and the Three Lock Lights (Num, Caps, Scroll) come on, and stay on. The fans make noise, and the laptop sounds like it is working- I just have no image on the external monitor. Any ideas on where to start? By the way, I am comfortable in opening up laptops, if I need to.

Thanks for your Help

G

Hi, maybe it's late to give you some help but i have the same laptop and i solved this problem. The memory is the cause, this computer accept only memory modules up to 512 Mo for a total of 1 Go with 2 modules. If you tried to use an 1 Go module, you will have a black screen.

Omegayellow

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
It is a little late- I tried changing the RAM out, and voila! I had the same thing happen with a Dell, so I tried changing the RAM here- this works nicely now! I just forgot about the thread still being open- I'll have to close it.

Thanks for the help. Who knows- maybe someone else out there has the same problem and will stumble onto the forum???

Reactions: rustedmetal
Status
Not open for further replies.