Compaq Presario CQ61 power issue

pdoddy

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
I have a dear old Presario CQ61 which is having some startup issues after the battery drains. I plug the power cable in but get no response from the power button for several minutes. At first I just had to wait about two minutes, but now it's closer to ten. It does eventually respond and the battery charges up as expected.

Any idea what the cause is and whether it's fixable? Is it something internal or even an issue with the charger?

Solution
Sounds like the battery is pulling a larger amount of power when you first plug in the charger, which is making it so you can't turn on the power until the drain lessons a bit. Not shocking if the battery is starting to go.

Try plugging it in before it fully drains, and that should avoid the problem. Otherwise you would need to give it a little while to charge, while off, before turning it back on.
Sounds like the battery is pulling a larger amount of power when you first plug in the charger, which is making it so you can't turn on the power until the drain lessons a bit. Not shocking if the battery is starting to go.

Try plugging it in before it fully drains, and that should avoid the problem. Otherwise you would need to give it a little while to charge, while off, before turning it back on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS