Comparison of North/south bridge

ECA

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
I dont think this has been done. But the thru-put and bandpass on the North/south bridge chipsets..
From AMD and Intell/???

Would love for these companies to use direct access, rather then 1=2 chips to control all the data. Its a huge bottle neck. I will bet they goto a 3-4 ship controller, as the current Chipsets cant handle all the data being exchanged..

brianjay0914

Estimable
May 5, 2014
north bridge is the one who controls the heavy components of ur pc. such as CPU, GRAPHICS CARD , MEMORY (RAM) ,AND EVEN GRAPHICS CARD SLOT, they're the one who has mini heatsink in ur mother board located sometimes below cpu. while southbridge is the one who responsible for other components such as ,IO PORT(one in the back of ur system unit, usb ps2 port sound port lan port) PCI bus (for expansion card that are not heavy enough like soundcard , led) and BIOS. south bridge dont have heatsink .

ECA

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Brian,
NOw you are seeing the problem..There is an old Hardware trick..that you take a HEAVY task and mix in a few low level tasks..and it helps the speed. but they have bundled ALL of it in 1 chip. Not to mention all the handling windows does also..
When USB first came out, I pointed out the fun process of Scanning and printing at the same time and trying to type something.. Even now, with everything plugged in..there are problems.

So, is there a REAL life evaluation of how much Processing is being done, thru these ports?