Composite Audio from new HDMI. I am hard of hearing.

Sep 25, 2018
My old TV had composite Audio out, so it was simple to hook up my Blue Tooth Transmitter so I could hear the TV directly to my Blue Tooth hearing aids.

My new TV has HDMI only. It also has Blue Tooth, it also has ONE (1) HDMI/ARC as well as ONE (1) Optical outputs. But others wishing to watch TV, want quality sound also. So the Optical (I'm using the ARC for switching to the Theater system) are committed to the Theater system for others. The Blue Tooth overrides all outputs. Muting sound to the Theater and Internal speakers.

Others who wish to watch TV with me object to muted sound. They also don't want the volume to be loud. They want to listen to reasonable quality sound.

Damn picky in my view. Decent sound, reasonable quality and volume.

I have already wasted $$.$$ on a converter. If I had put on my reading glasses I might have found the description in the photo of the copy saying that it works only with 1.3 HDMI(?) and this rules out my HDMI.
SO I need to come up with a way to get Composite Audio out of a a 2018 HDMI TV. Needless to say, writing to LG, has fallen on deaf ears.....

Solution
You can't get sound from the internal TV speakers if the TV won't let you turn them on while the other outputs are on. LG isn't going to reprogram the TV to let you do that. On some Samsung models you can turn the TV speakers back on in the quick set menu.
If your HTS has a zone 2 output that could be used with a BT transmitter. Many AVRs have this feature.
If you split the TV optical audio output you can connect it to both the HTS and an optical to analog converter that accepts a 5.1 input. That would connect to the BT transmitter. This way the HTS and bluetooth will work at the same time.
You can't get sound from the internal TV speakers if the TV won't let you turn them on while the other outputs are on. LG isn't going to reprogram the TV to let you do that. On some Samsung models you can turn the TV speakers back on in the quick set menu.
If your HTS has a zone 2 output that could be used with a BT transmitter. Many AVRs have this feature.
If you split the TV optical audio output you can connect it to both the HTS and an optical to analog converter that accepts a 5.1 input. That would connect to the BT transmitter. This way the HTS and bluetooth will work at the same time.

Solution