Solved! computer audio hissing

Mar 30, 2019
my computer audio start hissing today i don't know why. if i disconnect the jack the hissing is gone but when i plug it again it started to hiss and if i disable the HD audio the hissing is still there is that a faulty sound card chip? i use VIA HD Audio

Last edited:
Solution
When you "disconnect the jack" does that mean you are disconnecting the speaker or headphones from the PC?
If so then it tells you that the speakers/heaphones are not the problem. You can double check that by using it with your phone.
If you are using a powered speaker make sure that the speaker volume isn't turned way down so you have to turn the PC volume way up and vice versa.
You may have a hardware problem. If you are using motherboard audio then a soundcard or USB DAC or DAC/Headphone amp would bypass that.
When you "disconnect the jack" does that mean you are disconnecting the speaker or headphones from the PC?
If so then it tells you that the speakers/heaphones are not the problem. You can double check that by using it with your phone.
If you are using a powered speaker make sure that the speaker volume isn't turned way down so you have to turn the PC volume way up and vice versa.
You may have a hardware problem. If you are using motherboard audio then a soundcard or USB DAC or DAC/Headphone amp would bypass that.

Reactions: StarLordstheGreat
Solution
Mar 30, 2019
yep my headphone my speakers all have hissing if i use the mobo's audio port even in the front audio but you can hear small amount of clear low sound if i play music in max volume. yep thats what i think the onboard sound card is the problem. thank you.