Computer black screen can hear fans and no noises when starting.

l0rdtourettes

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
I have an old Asus I could give to the model think it's the g74s or x not sure but im not sure what happened one night went to bed and woke up and it doesn't work anymore. I've tried lots of things but it starts up fans start and keys /caps and num lock light up. That's it though Ive tried everything plugging in external displays tried hitting function keys. Could it be my graphics card died? I don't remember seeing and artifacts or screen tearing that would make me believe it's close to death. When I plug external displays in the get no signal and I don't think the computer is actually starting though maybe the bios is messed I have no clue? Any ideas?

Solution
If you attached an external monitor (done while the laptop was off and then turned it on) and it didn't show anything either, then your graphics card/GPU probably needs replacing. Which may well mean you have to replace the motherboard.

Also, you don't have to get any kind of problems when a graphics card/GPU is going/dying. They can just literally go. No advanced warning.
If you attached an external monitor (done while the laptop was off and then turned it on) and it didn't show anything either, then your graphics card/GPU probably needs replacing. Which may well mean you have to replace the motherboard.

Also, you don't have to get any kind of problems when a graphics card/GPU is going/dying. They can just literally go. No advanced warning.

Solution