Computer does not show my home wi-fi network at times

hgw53t

Estimable
Feb 27, 2014
It has happened a couple times recently when I restart personal computer. My Wi-Fi does not show in the list of wireless networks. I disconnect the cable modem & wait a couple minutes & then power it back up & then automatically connects to computer. It does stay connected. I can't even tell if it is computer or modem problem. No way to check that out? I run Windows 7 Home Premium.

Solution
That is usually a router/modem problem.
Unplugging it and re-plugging it reboots the computer inside.
Alot of consumer devices have small amounts of ram for error correction,port forwarding etc.
They are not good at flushing the ram of error correction usage. it builds up until it runs out of ram and you loose some functions and speed..

Unolocogringo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That is usually a router/modem problem.
Unplugging it and re-plugging it reboots the computer inside.
Alot of consumer devices have small amounts of ram for error correction,port forwarding etc.
They are not good at flushing the ram of error correction usage. it builds up until it runs out of ram and you loose some functions and speed..

Solution

hgw53t

Estimable
Feb 27, 2014
I fixed the problem a few weeks ago. I don't remember what I did to it exactly except I went into Network & Sharing on the computer. The only thing I can tell you is that it was NOT the cable modem. The problem was in the laptop computer.
Thanks for trying to help!